June 17, 2008
Grandma Bradfield was one in a million! So in honor and memory of her wonderful life, I would like to share some of my favorite memories of her!
I remember the sleep overs we had, especially the ones we would have when I was little. I would go to there house for dinner and they would let me eat in front of the TV while we watched a movie. And she never let me forget the numerous times we would wake up in the morning with my feet kicking her and grandpa in the face!
I remember playing different games. Memory, Trivial Pursuit, Chicken foot are just a few.
I remember all the years of take your daughter to work day! Going to work with Grandma was always a treat. I got to help her answer calls and play games on her computer all day and we would always meet up for lunch with my dad! Little did she know I would work for her 10 years later.
I remember all the years we went school clothes shopping. She was always a sport about it and was very patient with my style, or should i say lack there of. I remember on one or two occasions she told me she would only buy me one thing if I would get something else, probably more fashionable and girly!
I remember she loved golfing. I even think she had a permanent golfers tan year round!
I remember helping her decorate her Christmas tree. She took great pride in how her tree looked and she taught me the correct way to decorate a Christmas tree! I was taught by the master. It would take the whole day and when we were done, we would sit back and admire our work, only to find a bare spot, fix that, sit back and admire again until we found a spot with too much of one color! In the end it really was perfect.
I remember her Bantry pies! Christmas of 2006 when we had that huge snow storm, she taught me how to make them and we slaved away for hours. They were the best tasting bantry pies ever!
She was really whitty and she loved to tell stories. She always had a story to tell and she loved the ones with a really good punch line!
I remember how loving she was and how beautiful she was. She was always there when I needed her most and was always encouraging me to do my best and supported me in everything I did! She has helped me become the person I am today. She truly was one in a million and I will keep her close to my heart until the time comes that we meet again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment