July 14, 2008
So, it's sad to say but this letter isn't going to be very exciting! Satan has been working really hard here in the Stockton area but as always, we are up to the challenge and are really working hard to penetrate his defense!
The other Saturday, Araceli and Jose didn't end up getting baptized. The APs called me to tell me it was changed to last Saturday and then when I saw them again on Tuesday at interviews, I guess by then the baptism wasn't even a sure deal. I need to call and find out if they know anything new but as far as I know, it still hasn't happened. Araceli was Apostolic and has been paying tithing to her church in Mexico and I guess when she called her Pastor down there to tell him she was getting baptized and that she was probably wasn't going to be sending them her money any more he really Antied her and she backed out. And Jose was a little shaky to begin with so he backed out too. But Elder Wallace seemed to think that they would come around and I know they will. I just wish I could call Sister Anderson and find out how everything is going!
Our firm and investigators, Eliseo, Eliu and Miguel, all have to move out of their house in 2 days so they may or may not be staying in our area! It is SO sad. Sister Dastrup and I were so sad when we realized it was this week. We knew it was coming but didnt realize it was so soon! Eliseo is still scheduled to be baptized this Sunday and we are so excited for him!
So as you can see, things here have been a little difficult but such things are to be expected when you are working for something good. It's amazing how much adversity comes up when someone is progressing towards taking the first steps to baptism but I know things will all work out, even if we are just planting seeds right now!
Well my time at the library is up. They actually time you at the library. I don't know if its a Cali thing or if its a library thing but yes, you are timed! Anyway, Sorry this is probably a lame email but hopefully next weeks will be a little more interesting because we have found a couple of new families to teach and are scheduled to teach them in the next couple days!
As always, I love you all!
Hna. Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment