Monday, June 15, 2009

How the weeks fly by!

If you can believe it, it is already June 15th! We are starting the 5th week of the transfer. I seriously have no idea where the time goes! Next transfer is everyone's last transfer before they all leave for home. It's kinda scary to think about and how I was going to be one of them. It makes me very grateful for the opportunity I have to extend my mission a little longer! One thing that is so precious in the mission is time, and before you even realize it, it's almost up; it makes you reflect on how well you've used your time, and gives you the extra push you need to help you improve and use the Lord's time wisely! At least for me it does. My new favorite hymn is "The Time Is Far Spent". It's very fitting!

Another week of miracles! I just love miracles ,and as you all heard last week (I think) Sister Laird and I keep track of a "daily miracle" in our miracle journals! I think I am going to enjoy reading that journal more than my other journal! Not to mention that one gets a daily entry unlike the other!

This week was much like last -- miracles upon miracles. Saturday was a rough day, trying our faith as appointment after appointment canceled; but that was because the Lord was preparing us for the next day's miracles, which we'll get to in a minute.

Our appointment with the twins, Ciara and Fatima, went really well last Monday. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. The twins and their mom met up with us and followed us over to a members house for an early appointment. They had lots of sincere questions and are eager to read the Book of Mormon. We ended up talking with them quite a bit after our appointment, and it feels like we have known them for a long time! They are really awesome.

Thursday we went to visit a referal, (you will hear more about that in a surprise I will hopefully get in the mail this week) Lourdes, who was contacted by Elders at a gas station. They wrote down her info and we stopped by; she has lots of good questions about God and this life and the resurrection. We went back the next day and taught her about the Restoration, and left her with the Book of Mormon and Alma 40, that talks about the resurrection and life after this. She ended up coming to church yesterday!

Now back to Sunday. We had 10... TEN!!! investigators to church yesterday. Alma and Manuel came with their kids, including his daughter Elizabeth, and we now have an appointment set up where she is going to come over and learn as well. Then Teresa came with her troops (3 grandkids--they don't count as investigators--and Danny!) She told us she knew the church was true. Now we just have to help her feel a desire to be baptized. Evelyn, a member preparing for a mission, invited a friend to church, and we are going to start teaching Ruby on Tuesday. Our members are so awesome! Then our 9 year old (as of today) investigator, Andrea, came with her mom again (part member family). Part member families are great.

My miracle from yesterday comes from a part member family. The Garcia Flores are a reactivated family. They have been inviting their nephew to come to church with them, these past of couple months, and he loves coming to church. When his uncle calls him, he runs over to the house 10 minutes later. I've always felt the need to talk to him, but to be 100% honest, he kinda intimidated me a little, especially around his cousin; he has a very serious face. Yesterday I sat next to him in the Gospel Principles class, and during the class, I felt a very strong impression to invite him to be baptized. So after class, I started talking with him, found out that he had just finished with his parole, and I asked him how he liked church and if he wanted to learn more. He said "yes" without hesitation, we set up a time to meet at his aunt and uncle's house on Tuesday, and then I invited him to be baptized. After explaining a little about the authority and what baptism was, he said yes to the baptism invite. Of course we told him to pray about it, and to pray about the things we are going to teach him; but he said if he knows it's true, he wants to be baptized! It was a miracle!

I love this work. I know I say that every email, but it's true. There is nothing like missionary work. I have a strong testimony of following those little impressions you receive. President Jardine once told us something like this, "A first impression, or prompting, received is from God until proven otherwise!" If you have an impression to do something DO IT! As you act on those little things, God will start to trust you more with the bigger things.

I love you all so much and I wish you all a wonderful week! Tell Kim "Hi" for me in the down under!

Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield

No comments: