You will never guess who I just met yesterday... but we'll get to that in a minute! How is everyone doing? From Mom's email, it sounds like everyone is doing well and keeping very busy. I like the sounds of your new elders already. Make sure they leave you with a commitment and DAD- No turning them down and saying "to be honest with you..." You should all be grateful for the opportunity to help the missionaries out ;) I love you all and I promise you that you will help bring someone to the gospel as you accept and act upon the commitments they leave with you and share the gospel with others!
This week has been an interesting week but a very good one. We had our Zone Conference that was based on being bold with love. It was really good! I LOVE zone conference. I wish we could have things like zone conferences every 6 weeks for the members! If we did, I have no doubt that we would have a bunch of Captain Moroni's for members of the church and that the very gates of hell would tremble before us!
We spoke with President over the weekend. The mission has set a goal of 100 baptisms for the month of June and Satan knows that we are all set upon reaching that goal. There has been so much opposition in the mission these past couple months as we have been working hard to prepare ourselves to reach our goals. I feel very blessed to serve under the guidance of President Jardine. He is a great mission president. Elder Pearson, of the 70 (he gave a talk last conference and it was part of the presentation he actually gave to us last year at mission conference!) said that we were sent to the mission based on the mission president and based on the location. I believe that is true! I would not want to serve under any other mission president!
Teresa and Danny didn't come to church this week. I was really bummed about that but Danny has been going to church with his sister again these past couple weeks, and Teresa said she was too tired to go this week. We think there was something a little more to what went on, and we are going to try to see her this afternoon. I really hope we can help them to keep that seed of faith they have planted and continue nuturing it!
Our family, Manuel and Alma and their kids, are doing really well. As I said, they can't be baptized for a little while, but Manuel is doing great. He told us yesterday that he has been tempted a lot and offered a beer or two, but he hasn't wanted to drink it. He knows the gospel is changing his life, and he's not afraid to admit it. He has a hard time walking and yesterday he was really sore; but when we stopped by to visit them before church, they were already in the car. They said they wouldn't miss church for anything! They are so awesome and hopefully we can help them get ready for baptism by the end of this month. That is going to be a great baptism when they are ready!
So, Guess who I met dad!!! Do you remember a mini-missionary in Chile named Gloria La Torre? She was taught and baptized by an elder in your mission in 1980 and served a mini mission the same time that you were serving. I didn't know she was from Chile, but I was talking to, now Hermana Bues, about where she was from and when she was baptized. She told me she remembered an Elder Bradfield in her mission. I told her that you served in the Santiago South Chile mission in 1979, and she said that she knew you. She asked me to ask you where you served. She said that her dad was branch president of the Las Rocas branch in the Estaca de Las Condes. The stake president was President Tapia. She asked if you were there when President Kimball came for the ground breaking dedication for the Chile temple. She mentioned a couple of elders names, Elder MAxfield, Murphy, Keller, Josephson (he was the one that baptized her.). She said it sounded like it was you when I described you as tall, skinny, big glasses, and thinning hair ;) She served in some areas like Antofagasta, Providencia Indepencia, Ricoleta. She was really excited to talk to me and tell me about the mission, and try to learn more about where you served, and everything, so that she could make sure it was you! I'm pretty sure it was you. So Dad, can you send me a picture or two of you on your mission so I can show her, and can you write back on the areas that you served in and where. I ALWAYS wanted to meet someone you served with in Chile or taught, but I never actually thought I would. It was WAY cool to talk to her and talk about how the mini missionaries would go around and help you teach and figure out which investigators were sincere and had real intent about learning. She's a really cool lady and a very strong member in the church. So WRITE ME BACK!
Today we played soccer for zone activity. That is ONE sport that I have no natural talents in whatsoever. If I want to be good, I'm gonna have to practice. I was born with more hand-eye coordination. I've never felt so humble in my life! The Argentinian elder and the Spanish member, that came, were both getting after me (in a nice teasing way!) about missing good passes. Yeah, I'm gonna practice so they can't say anything next time ;)
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and be sure to tell everyone I said hi!
Love always-
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment