HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLA from good old Sacramento! What a WEEK! We have seen SO many miracles. It's amazing! I feel so grateful and blessed! We have been keeping busy working towards our mission goal of 100 baptisms for the month of June, and we are well on our way. With our goals set high, there is bound to be opposition, especially when it's a righteous goal.
We ran into some opposition last week when Teresa and Danny didn't show up to church. After a spiritual lesson with Teresa, crying repentance, she is once again on her way in following the footsteps of the Savior. We still need to work more with Danny, but I know that the Lord sent us to their house for a reason.
Our Miracle Family, Manuel and Alma, are doing GREAT! They are working on getting their divorce papers going and signed so that they can get married, and the next day get baptized! I don't know how I got so blessed to be one of God's instruments in bringing them to the true gospel, but they are an amazing family. We've been teaching them for some time now, and everyday the gospel changes another part of their lives for the better. You would be amazed at the change. He has quite a few members of his family who are members of our church. He gave up drinking and smoking (I don't remember if I told you or not, but that was when we helped him dump out the last remaining cans of beer in his house), and he's been working on his health. He informed us yesterday that he was feeling really good now, and that they are going to try and start staying for the third hour! We are ecstatic about that!
We had planned a lesson to teach them about tithing and making a budget, as well as sacrifice, to start their divorce papers with their current spouses this week; and when we got there, they told us that they had just sold a computer and other items in their house to begin the divorce papers for Alma. She is married to someone in Mexico, and she hasn't seen him for years. The process for her could take 4-6 months. Sister Laird and I are praying for a miracle that it happens sooner! Manuel's divorce will be a lot easier since he and his wife are already in contact and were married in the states. Anyway, it was a miracle for us to hear that they already started their papers and are on their way towards getting baptized, and more importantly, becoming an eternal family! They truly are elect! I can't wait for you all to meet these amazing people!
Saturday night, our District planned to do a church tour for our investigators who would be coming for the first time. Sister Laird and I put it in our plans to go and take someone, even though we didn't have anyone planning on going. At 4:30 (an hour and a half before hand) we got a call from the Office Elders, telling us that the Sac Zone Leaders called them with an emergency referral for us. They gave us the name and number for a mother and daughter. We called them up about 5:20, invited them to the church tour, and 5 minutes later had someone set up for our church tour. If that wasn't enough of a miracle, Lorena (the mom), Ciara and Fatima (twin sisters, 17 years old) came to the church, loved the tour and told us about their story. Lorena and the girls came to visit over a year and a half ago, and she married a man from Italy here in the United States. She told us that she can't come to church because her husband is hard core Catholic, and that she had to go to church with him. The girls, however, don't feel anything when they go to Catholic church, so they wanted to come to ours and see what it was like. Lorena, not us, taught her daughters the importance of praying to know if it was true and how they would receive an answer through the way they feel. They are Elect, not kidding! We are all praying that her husband's heart will be softened so that she can come to church with her girls as well. The girls came yesterday, loved church and young womens and we are going to teach them about the Restoration of the church and invite them to be baptized tonight. I love this gospel and I love this work! You would not believe the miracles!
I can't believe how amazing these last couple weeks have been. We ran into our trials, but the Lord is blessing us for working through them. I have no doubt in my mind that this church is Jesus Christ's true church, restored once again on the earth. I have no doubt in my mind that Joseph Smith was God's chosen prophet to bring about that Restoration. He saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in that Sacred Grove! The Priesthood Authority, God's Authority, to baptize has been restored on the earth once again. I know we have a living Prophet on the Earth today; his name is Thomas S. Monson. He is called and lead by God to be our guide today in a world of changing values. I know the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ, written by God's ancient prophets here in the ancient Americas. It's teachings are true, and as we live by it's principles and teachings, we will find the keys to eternal happiness. Most importantly, I know that my Savior lives. He lives and loves everyone of us. Sister Laird said something in a lesson last week that caused the Spirit to burn within my heart. We were teaching about the Plan of Salvation and the Celestial Kingdom. She used the analogy that we all have dirt covering our shoes, standing at the gate to enter in, and Jesus Christ is there waiting with a towel to clean off the dirt so that we can enter. I truly felt my Savior's love for me in that moment. I love this work; this truly is the Lord's work and there isn't anything else I would rather be doing or anywhere else I would rather be than here on my mission in Sacramento! What a wonderful blessing it has been to serve my Heavenly Father with all of my heart, might, mind and strength.
I love you all and I hope you have as wonderful of a week as I know we will! Don't forget to look for those missionary opportunities and take advantage of them every chance you get! Until next week...
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield (Now aka Hermana Garfield or Hermana Campo (Kody, tell 'em what Campo means in Spanish!) in the Sacramento 10th ward! For some reason, people have a hard time saying Bradfield ;) and always confuse me with Garfield! Haha, go figure!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment