Drum Roll Please.......................................... I'm leaving Stockton!!! It's finally happened, believe it or not! My time here is done. But this transfer was NOT at all what some of us predicted. Sister McCleve is also getting transfered instead of staying down here in Stockton. President is sending Sister McCleve up to East Sacramento with Sister Dastrup, and he is sending me to Elk Grove with Sister Laird! I am so excited and I get to be a Junior again. I am so glad Sister Laird gets this opportunity to serve as a senior companion (like me she's been junior until now and she came out a transfer before me) and I know she will do a great job. I can't wait to work with her. She is an awesome missionary.
So President is pulling an English Sister (Sis. Olson) into the Spanish work and is bringing Sister Bateman and Sister Cordero down here to train her. It is official. I am no longer the youngest Spanish sister in the mission. WOOHOO! This is good news seeing as we only have 1 new one scheduled to come in in July and the 6 of us (Bateman, McCleve, Laird, Cordero, Dastrup and I) are leaving in July and Aug. We were all really shocked that President was Shot Gunning the area especially since Sis. McCleve just got here. It's another testimony of how much God really is in charge of this work and how He knows what's best for everyone.
So, I am really excited to move on and leave Stockton. It's sad to have to say goodbye to everyone for now, but it is something necessary! I can't believe it's time to go! It feels like I've been here forever, but it also feels like just yesterday I got here with Sister Dastrup. It's amazing how fast time flies!
I'm excited to have a new area to work with. Hopefully it will be my last (I've decided I'm not a big fan of moving and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father that this is only my second time!)
So tonight, I will finish packing all of my belongings and tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will be on my way to Elk Grove. I am SO excited! You have NO idea! This is going to be the best transfer of my mission. I can feel it!
I loved General Conference. I thought a lot about all of you as a watched it. I was so grateful to be a member of this church and for the spirit that was present during those sessions. Sister McCleve and I were talking about how jealous we are that we don't get to go to the Priesthood session of conference. It's always so enjoyable. All the talks were amazing. I received another witness, by the power of the Spirit, of the divine callings that these men hold, and I know that they are truly the Lord's servants - His prophets, seers and revelators in our day!
I thought it was very fitting the overall themes that were discussed in general conference. All the talks seemed to focus on the theme of being positive and having faith and hope through our trials and tribulations as well as focusing on the importance of the temple! It was amazing. This has probably been the most self building, self discovery transfers of my whole mission, actually of my whole life and those talks helped me out so much. They touched on everything I needed to know how to best apply the things I had learned to become a better person. I also thought a lot about you, especially Kim and Kody, as they talked over and over again, in one way or another, about the importance of the Temple and those Sacred ordinances and covenants that we make in the Lord's sacred home. THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE TO MISS OUT ON THE BLESSINGS OF THE TEMPLE! Do whatever it takes to stay clean and faithful and to be worthy to enter into the temple. It is even MORE important that we stay clean and faithful to the covenants we make in the temples. I just want to remind you of the greatest advice Dad has ever given us, and that is DO NOT settle for anything less than a temple marriage! You still have time ahead of you before that happens but START NOW! The temples are so important and we are so blessed that we have a temple so close to us in Denver. I wish I could go to the temple every week of my mission. It is one of my most favorite places to be!
I am so grateful for this gospel. I am so grateful for my testimony and the knowledge that I have that this Gospel is the true gospel of Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for this time of year that we have to focus on the last week of our Savior's life and his wonderful resurrection! I am so grateful for the love that he showed each and everyone of us and his willingness to go through what he did for each of us personally. I gained a greater appreciation and understanding of His infinite Atonement in Elder Holland's talk. I think that was probably my favorite talk (I'm not sure if that is because it was an excellent talk or if I just really like Elder Holland and his way of teaching and speaking!). I hope you remember to keep the Savior close to your hearts and minds this Easter week and remember the reasons why we celebrate Easter and the blessings we have received from his infinite Atonement!
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. Love you all MUCHISIMO!
Love Always,
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment