I AM SO HAPPY TO BE HERE IN ELK GROVE!!! It is AMAZING here. I love Stockton, don't get me wrong, but Elk Grove is just Amazing! The ward here is awesome, it's beautiful here and I love my new companion, Sister Laird. We have set some really good goals together this transfer and have set goals and picked things we are going to sacrafice to reach those bigger goals, and to be the best missionaries we can be, and have the best transfer of our missions! These last few days have been amazing.
Sister Bostrom and Laird have done so much in this area; sometimes it's a little nerve wrecking to know I am taking over for a great sister missionary who is loved and adored by the members. But Sister Laird keeps telling me that everyone has been so excited to meet me! I have no idea how or why. Everyone I have met has been super nice and I already feel a part of the ward. There is a spirit here in Elk Grove and we are going to see so many miracles this transfer, I can feel it!
Today and over the weekend, we have been working on moving out of the old apartment where the sisters were previously living, to the upstairs apartment. Sister Laird and I moved our things and beds up there the very first night and have been sleeping up there. It's amazing the difference in the spirit that's there because it's clean. I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of that! The spirit is so much stronger when we live in an environment that invites the spirit!
We've met a few people here since I've come. We started teaching a woman named Eva, who's parents are members in Mexico. We had an awesome lesson with her and we are excited to go back and see how her reading went. The next day, we met her brother and had a very powerful, spiritual contact with him on the front porch! It was great. I love working with Sister Laird. I don't know if she realizes it, but she has really helped me to follow through and given me an even greater push to become the missionary that I want to be! She's amazing.
Sister Laird is from Wyoming. We are the only Spanish sisters NOT from Utah and proud of it. We are the dream team companionship! She's an awesome missionary. She's even in the process of training me (really actually helping me) to like running. Just so you know, I did request it! We're doing pretty well, Saturday we ran a mile and a half in 15-20 mins and we will probably start running two miles this week! She doesn't get much mail from family or friends for various reasons so she doesn't like checking the mail much... COMMITMENT I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND: Can you please have the family write her! She could really use your love and support. It's really helped me and I know it would help her and bring a HUGE smile to her face.
I will tell you right now, there has never been anything that has brought more joy to my life than to see the gospel bless the lives of others, and to know that I was one of Heavenly Father's instruments in helping them feel the spirit! Don't pass up those opportunities to share the gospel; they are far too priceless and precious to miss!
Well, I must sign off! We are meeting with the Elders to start moving the bigger stuff to our upstairs apartment! WOOHOO! I love you all, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday! Have a wonderful week!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment