Monday, April 20, 2009

No Rush

Well, this has been one great and interesting week, especially with the way things have been going and answers to prayers have been coming. First of all, good luck with the move-in this week, and know that if I was there, I would be more than happy to help; but because I'm not, just remember I'm there in spirit to especially help with the heavy stuff! So, Katelyn and Jason, I have some news for you two (and the rest of the family as well)--their is a good chance that there will be no need to rush on finding a new house.

As some or all of you may know, I expressed not too long ago that I was planning on coming home in August, unless President asked me to stay longer and I felt it was right. Well, President Jardine and I have been talking a lot over these last few weeks, and just last Thursday at Zone Conference, he again asked me if I had made any decision to try and extend or to go home. I told him the situation with insurance and told him that if I were to stay, that I would want to try and stay for as long as I can until the next school year, when I can get back on the insurance and jump right into school. After a brief little conversation, we both decided to keep praying and fasting and he was going to talk to the group of leaders (the 70) over this mission.

The next night, I got a call from President telling me that he was going to make my decision a little more complicated and told me that the mission was not getting 1 new Spanish-speaking sister, in August, but 3-4 (I don't remember which). At this point, I finally told him that all this was probably an answer to my prayer and to go ahead and request my extention. When I prayed about it after I got off the phone, I felt really good about that decision, unlike the one to come home in August when everything seemed to keep happening to make me question it! So as of this very moment, President Jardine has written and sent a request for my extension (he told me it was a really good letter and that he was really excited about it) to the 70 over this area, and that he then has to forward it onto an apostle for approval; so hopefully within the next few days, or couple of weeks, we'll know what the final say is. So, I have officially requested to stay until December 16th, the end of that transfer. The good news for you all is that you may get to keep the missionary spirit in your house for a few more months, Kate and Jas can have a little more time to find a house, I get to serve longer (YAY) and I'll be home just in time for Christmas! Anyway, that's what's going on thus far. As soon as I know and I can, I will let you know what is going on!

So this week was great! Just yesterday, Sister Laird and I decided to fast and pray to find a family to teach and prepare for baptism; and an hour and a half after we started our fast on Saturday, we went to visit a referal and taught them and their kids a lesson about the restoration, and they really liked it. Their names are Alma and Manuel and his sister-in-law is a member of the church! They don't usually listen to people like us (religions) but they were all outside enjoying the day and were actually getting ready to go to the store; but they decided to stay outside just for a few more minutes and that's when we came. It all was just one big miracle! They are awesome and we are going over to teach them again tonight! I can't wait.

Well, my time is up! I love you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week and PLEASE tell the grandparents sorry they didnt get a letter last week. I wrote them, but somehow I forgot to get them in the mail and didn't notice until Friday or Saturday! Anyway, I'll get those out today! I love you all!

Love Always,
Hermana Bradfield

No comments: