Mission Conference was AWESOME! Sister Dastrup and I finally got to see some old Sister friends of ours as well as make some new ones, and Elder Pearson's talk/lecture/training was amazing! It was really powerful and he talked to us about 6-7 principles to really take our mission to the next level! It was really good. He talked a lot about how we need to understand our identity as children of God and really help others to see their divine potential and how to obtain it. Wow, I need to review my notes again. There was so much information that it's just all jumbled within my head right now! It was WAY good.
When I first heard that Elder Pearson was coming to speak to us for our mission conference, my first response was " Who in the world is Elder Pearson?" But after going to mission conference, I know that Elder Pearson was exactly what our mission needed to really take our mission to the next level! It was awesome.
All the other sisters looked good too. I saw Sister Moala and Sister Anderson again! That was great! They both looked really good and It was really fun to see them again! Sister Anderson only has 2 transfers left after this one! It will be sad to see her go!
Next Monday is a Sisters Conference up at the Mission Home. All the Sisters are getting together so my email won't be till later in the evening. I can't say I'm SUPER excited about spending the whole day up in Sac., but it will be a lot of fun to see ALL of the Sisters, the original "Relief Society" (that's what we called our District the first transfer because there ended up being 6 sisters and 2 Elders!) again!
President and Sister Jardine are Awesome as well. We had interviews last week, and along with that, we got some training in as well. President Jardine is really turning this mission around. President Huff was Awesome and lead the mission in a great way as well; President Jardine is just taking the mission in a different direction that will make our mission only better! It's going to be great!
Antonio was baptized last Sunday, I wrote more about that in the news letter! He's doing really well and it was a great baptism. One thing I realized I left out of my news letter is that Arturo conducted the meeting and he did AWESOME. Even Bishop Emmett was impressed! We have some great recent converts! Arturo, Rafael and now Antonio! Hopefully our family will be next!
This Sunday is the primary program. Even on the mission, I just can't seem to get enough of Primary. Spanish wards don't usually have any members who know how to play piano, so I've been helping the Primary get ready for their program these past couple of weekends; and it should be a great program, especially for Rafael and Carla (the family we are teaching). Their two oldest boys are singing and participating, and I know they'll love it!
Well, I'm going to sign off for now. We are going to go play bball again since our planned zone activity had to be postponed for another week!
I love you all and I hope you are all doing well. And I hope you are all praying for more missionary opportunities and acting upon them when they come! And don't forget to pray that those countries, who are closed to missionary work, will be opened soon so this work can continue to progress throughout the whole world!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Buenas Dias Noticias - Buenas dias amigos y familia! This week was a great week! Our friend Antonio was baptized last Sunday by our other good friend, Martin Tapia. He was baptized in March and he's been working really hard to overcome trials in his life to be able to be baptized. We are very proud of him, and he's come a long way! Antonio's baptism went really well, even though the main man, Antonio himself, was forty minutes late! It's actually funny now that it's over. Anyway, Antonio is doing really well and is looking forward to his confirmation this Sunday.
Our family, Rafael and Carla and their three boys, are doing really well. Their two oldest boys have been coming to the Primary practices and are planning on singing this Sunday with everyone else in the Primary. The Lord has really been preparing them to receive the gospel at this time. Hopefully, they won't wait too much longer to act upon the answers they have received.
Monday was our mission conference. It was an awesome meeting and it was great to see some other sisters again. Most of the Spanish sisters were there, minus two. Elder Pearso and Sister Pearson were both awesome and just what the Sacramento Mission needed to take our mission to the next level.
Rafael Soto, our recent convert, was just officially called as a ward missionary! If I heard correctly, I think Bishop Emmett is preparing him to be the new ward mission leader. Rafael is so cool; it's like he's been a member for twenty years! He really gets it, and knows why it's so important!
Arturo is doing great as well. He conducted our baptism last Sunday and did a great job. He jumps around from ward to ward every Sunday, depending on whether he and his wife are down in Atwater (for every other weekend) or if Heidi, his wife, decides to go with him up here in Stockton (they go to English then.) If it's just him, he comes to our ward. He's still going strong and it looks like the Bishop might give him a calling soon!
I heard that Julissa is still doing really well up in Sacramento. I was so happy to hear that! One day I'll be back there, but not right now!
I love you all and I hope everyone has a great week! Until next week...
Para Siempre,
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment