Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hola! - November 17, 2008


Hermana Dastrup, Martin, Antonio, and Hermana Bradfield - Antonio's baptism, Nov. 9, 2008



Hermana's Dastrup and Bradfield with Elder and Sister Pearson - Mission Conference, November 10, 2008



Elder Bird (he's been an awesome Assistant to the President since I got here) and the sisters at Mission Conference - November 10, 2008



Another week AND... Carla and Rafael, the family we are teaching, are going to be baptized on Nov. 28th, their 10 year anniversary! We are so excited for them! Tonight we are going over to teach them how to have a family home evening with la familia Martinez! It's going to be fun. We are going to talk about the Holy Ghost. Carla is really solid but Rafael still has some doubts that come up here and there so we are going to try and help create a need for him to be baptized and we feel like a lesson on the Holy Ghost could be a good thing!
So today is a Sisters Conference/Get together at the mission home. It should be fun! We are all going to eat "brunch" and chat and share a spiritual thought. It'll be fun to see everyone again!
Well, Sister Dastrup and I don't really have much time to email today so I have to go! Sory this is really short but I do love you all and I'll write more next week on THANKSGIVING! next p-day is Thursday! So, until then!

Love Hermana Bradfield

Buenas Dias Noticias - Hola Familia y amigos otra vez! Another week has once again come and gone! I can't believe next week is already Thanksgiving! The Hixson Family has invited us to eat Thanksgiving dinner and play games with them. All the sister missionaries are going to be there.

This week was a good week. Yesterday was the Primary program. The children did a great job. As always, it's a miracle how it all comes together. Rafael and Carla, the family we are teaching, seemed to really enjoy the program, and their son, Eric, sang his heart out on all the parts of the songs he knew. Kids are so funny! The 3-4 year olds are always moving around in their seats, chatting, or playing with their neighbor, not much of an idea of what's going on. Then, the older kids always have an air of "I'm too old and cool for this!" The rest put all their heart and soul into it. I love the Primary programs!

Antonio was confirmed in church yesterday. Hermano Velarde gave him a really nice blessing and Antonio was beaming ear to ear. Then, Bishop had him sustained to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. I don't think I've seen Antonio look so happy! On top of that, Rafael Soto blessed the sacrament for the first time and he did an s\awesome job. I'm telling you, Sister Dastrup and I have been so blessed to be able to teach these people and help them find the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Carla and Rafael prayed and have decided to be baptized on November 28th, their 10th year anniversary. Carla is really strong and has a strong testimony, and knows it's true; but Rafael still has concerns that pop up every time we come over. But in the end, he always feels good about the 28th. They are such an awesome family! Once they are baptized, they are going to be a really strong family in the church.

Today is a Sisters' Conference/Meeting up at the mission home, which will take up most of the day. It'll be fun to see everyone again. The "Relief Society" reunited once again!

I love serving a mission. Serving a mission was the best decision i have ever made in my life! I feel so blessed to have seen and been part of so many miracles and to be an instrument in the Lord's hand everyday.

I hope all is well for everyone, wherever you may be; and i hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Para Siempre,
Hermana Bradfield

No comments: