QUIT CHANGING!!! STOP EVERYTHING AND WAIT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA I'm just kidding! AHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe Katelyn had her baby! Everything keeps changing! Am I going to recognize ANYONE when I get home? I'm actually writing you with my new companion, Sister Harris, the chiropractor's wife. She's been my companion while Sister Laird and Sister Harris ran to Walmart to use our prep time to the MAX. Anyway, Sister Harris (C's Wife) joined in with me on the celebrations! You all caught me in one of those "I completely spaced Katelyn was pregnant/gonna have a baby" moments! That's so cool! I LOVE the name you picked for her... Maybe you could wait for the baby blessing till I get home??? Nah, I'm just kidding. No me crean!
This has been a good week. We added a new investigator last week named Claudia. She was a member referral. One of the members invited her to an FHE and we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she invited us over for dinner and a lesson on Friday. We taught her the Restoration and she was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and agreed to the conditional baptism invitation that we gave her! She is amazing and the Lord has been preparing her to receive the gospel. She told us that she didn't know why, but she just felt really good when she was around us. We didn't hesitate to tell her that the reason why wasn't us, but the Spirit!
Andrea is getting ready to be baptized this week and she's so cute. We love teaching her. She's 9 years old and her family are/were less active because they got lost in a move. But we've been teaching her and preparing her for baptism the last 2-3 months, and the date is coming up quick. She wanted her dad to baptize her, but when she found out that he couldn't, she decided that she wanted Elder Curtis to do it. He is one of the elders that bonded with her when we helped them move a few weeks ago. You can imagine just how thrilled he is, and I think this might be his first time baptizing on the mission!
Last night we went on splits to help the elders out with their Blitz. I was able to go with their member, Leslie, an awesome recent convert. Anyway, we ran into some great/interesting people as always. We even got a return with a guy from Fiji. The guy from Fiji sent us to his neighbor, which ended up spicing the night up a little bit. This guy was so bitter and rude and angry because I was at the door talking about Jesus Christ, when he said that he believed in Jesus Christ. I hardly got to say anything and when I did, he'd cut me off. It was one of those few moments on the mission (at least for me) where all they wanted to do was shove their beliefs down my throat. Anyway, he told us that we could come back anytime if we wanted to talk about Jesus, but if we talked about anything else, that was the end of the conversation. I tried to tell him what our purpose was as missionaries, but he wouldn't let me get it out. So I finally just asked him, "If you come to know that what we share is true, would you be willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the proper authority?" It was the only thing I could think of to let him know part of our purpose as missionaries. He flat out rejected and ended up slamming the door in our face. This was the first time I've cried after a door contact, but I couldn't help it. In the conversation at the door, it came out that his daughter ended up joining our church and that she won't come over to visit anymore. It made me so sad to see someone who was so closed-minded and blinded by it that he pushed his own daughter away. I couldn't help but cry a little! I learned a lot from that door contact, especially about the importance of charity and loving those who despise and hate you!
This morning I was reading the end of Abinadi's cry for repentance and about how King Noah felt the Spirit, was afraid of the judgements of God for a moment, and was about to let Abinadi go free; but his priests' words overpowered those of the Spirit and Noah gave into his priests and denied the Spirit. I thought about us and how many times we do that in our lives. How many times do we receive spiritual promptings in our lives but we allow the noise of the world to drown them out and ignore them and sometimes deny them! Some food for thought!
Well anyway, that's a brief update on Sacramento happenings! We are getting ready to go over and play scatter ball with the elders at one! I love you all and wish you a wonderful week!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment