Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Morning Starshines!

The Earth Says HELLO!!!

I hope all is going well with everyone! Hope everyone is getting ready for the summer because it is quickly creeping in and taking over spring before it even arrives. I can't believe March is almost over! It's hard to believe. From the way things are looking, unless President Jardine asks me to stay and extend, I have decided to come home on Aug 13. That's three weeks before my 18 months are up but it's a decision that every sister has to make and it feels right. I also talked with President Jardine about it and he suggested that I pray about it, of course, but that he thinks it would be easier to jump back into things if I had school to go home to. Well, as of right now it's official, BUT if President asks me to extend I just might do it! It's all coming so fast I can't believe that transfers are coming up in 2 weeks.

Word on the street is that everyone thinks I'm going to Elk Grove (South Sac.) That would be fun! It will be a sad day to say goodbye to everyone, because I love them all, but at the same time, I know that when the change comes, I will be ready for it! Crazy though!

So Guess What!!! I got to go to the Temple last Saturday and met up with Sister Dastrup! "But Why?" you may be asking yourselves. Well, remember Jose and Leticia Martinez? The part member family/kids we taught and baptized the same day that Antonia and The Gonzalez family got baptized? Well, we had been working with them, trying to convince them not to wait, another 5 years until Mexico, to go to the temple so their family could be there waiting for them; and they FINALLY finished with all their classes, and everything, and went to the temple! IT WAS AMAZING! Probably one of the BEST days of my mission! First of all, we got to go through the endowment session with them and I practically got to be an "escort" to Hermana Martinez because I got a ride up there with them. That was cool. And THEN their sealing was amazing. I don't think there was a single dry eye in the room and the kids looked so cute dressed up in white! The Spirit was so powerful.

What made that day even better was that Hermana Quintero, one of our favorite ward missionaries, went through the temple for her first time as well; and the ICING on top of an already delicious cake was Hermano Flores, the less active member I was telling you about in past letters/emails, was there! It was his first time back to the temple since he went inactive, and he pulled me and Sister Dastrup aside, after the sealing, to tell us thank you for battling with him because it made him see where he was. It was such an amazing day and it was great to see Sister Dastrup again.

Irene can't be baptized, at least not right now. She doesn't have a strong enough testimony and she told President Martinez (one of the mission presidency members) that she felt obligated to us in her interview. It's a bummer and we are going to keep working with her, but she just might take a little while longer. I love that lady though. She is something else! She's an amazing woman and she's pretty funny too!

Yesterday at church, another son in the Patino family and his wife and baby came to church. They loved it and want to come again. Then Clara's husband, who told us before that when he felt ready or a desire to come to church he would, came to church today with Clara; and we have a family home evening appointment set up with them this week for Friday! I'm pretty excited about both of these families, and I can't wait to teach the Patinos tonight and Clara's family on Friday. It's going to be a good week!

Have a wonderful week beautiful starshines of my soul! I love you MUCHO!

Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield

No comments: