July 29, 2008
I bet you thought I was getting transfered when you read the subject didn't you?!? Nope, Sister Dastrup and I are staying. Actually I guess all the Spanish Sisters are staying the same! Elder Bird, one of the assistants to President Jardine, told us that he was going to make some switches but last minute felt like we needed to stay. So, we are staying. Good News! Woohoo! I'm so excited, and I know Eliseo is going to be happy when we tell him tomorrow. When we told him on Sunday that we might be leaving, he was so sad and said "But if you leave, who am I going to talk to when I have a question or something!" lol we really need to get him in touch with more of the Members!
His confirmation blessing was so amazing. I didnt write too much about it in the letter home because it was something too special to just send out to everyone but I would like to tell you all about it! So the guy who gave the blessing was baptized 1-2 years ago and just recently recieved the Melchizedek Priesthood not too long ago. Bishop Emmett asked him to confirm Eliseo and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. Hermano Brogger (the one who gave it) has only been speaking spanish for a year or two since he's been a member and coming with his wife! Immediately when he layed his hands on Eliseo's head and began the prayer, he started to get emotional and gave the neatest blessing I have ever heard given.
Eliseo was promised that he would be a light to his family and friends and an example in helping them come to the church. He was told that he would be blessed with a wife and children and be an example to them with his testimony. He was blessed with the promise that he would have work to provide for himself and his family. He was blessed with patience. Their was more but those are the main ones I remember!
This all have such significant meaning. First, the first time we taught him, he asked us about the light we had and how he could get it. Second, he's talked to us a lot about wanting a good wife and a family. Third, he doesn't have a job right now and he's been looking for a while. Lastly, with losing the house and having to move and having problems with one of his friends and having a hard time forgiving, he was blessed with patience. His blessing was another testimony builder for me! His blessing really was a blessing from God. I know that Hermano Brogger had never really met Eliseo before and that he didn't know any of these things. I'm so grateful I got to be apart of his baptism and confirmation process. Eliseo really does have that light!
Ok, well, I have to cut this short because we are late for the Zone BBQ. I love you all! Until next week!
Hna. Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment