Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 5th Letter

The time has come, yes, I leave for California tomorrow morning. Hermana Walker and I have been enjoying each others company today since Hermana Pray got up at 3 this morning and had to be at the travel offices by FOUR! Aychiuahua! I'm so glad H. Walker and I don't have to get up any earlier than normal.

We got to do our laundry on Saturday with H. Pray, so today we are just going to finish packing our bags and getting ready to leave tomorrow. I'll probably write a few letters to some of the people I haven't had a chance to write yet and shower so I can make sure I get to bed on time. That's one thing they stress OVER and OVER here is obedience with exactness! And I have to tell you, it really does make a difference.

So, I managed to go my whole MTC experience without getting sick and of course last Friday I started to feel a little iffy and have been fighting a cold since PERO (but) I have been taking my airborne and I am already starting to recover!

Yesterday, our district sang the closing hymn. We sang a Spanish Hymn called Placentero Nos Es Trabajar". It is an awesome hymn about missionary work and on the last verse it talks about saying Goodbye until we see each other again in the life after when we will dwell with God. It's really pretty and of course my companions started crying on the last verse so that meant that I wasn't allowed to cry because SOMEONE had to represent the Hermanas ;) It was really pretty and we had a great time. Then last night, as a goodbye song and prayer before H Pray and Elders Squires and Obray left for Ecuador, we sang Tengo Gozo En Mi Alma which to you english speakers is "There is Sunshine in My Soul" which was originally our district song until we found the other. Anyway, it was the best we've ever sang it, the spirit was strong and to finish it off, H Pray left of with a very nice prayer. It was sad to have to say goodbye, especially with the elders since all they got from us was a handshake. Oh well, such is the life of a missionary.

I am so excited to get out to Cali, although I am a little nervous. I want to make sure that I do the Lord's work the Lord's way. I really hope my companion is going to be patient with me and help me know what I need to do. Hopefully they aren't lazy because if they are, Hermana Bradfield is on the way and you better believe that I'm going to be running from door to door and talking to as many people as I can!

Last week they switched the teachers up on us (they switch the teachers every 8 weeks and Hmo Darquea went to the TEC to help out the missionaries who signed up for advice to help them with door contacts, TRC, etc. really hard to explain and I only have 5 mins left! and Hmo Allgood went to Jordan for the summer for a school study program.) Now our teachers are Hmo Valladares from Honduras and Hma Rizley. Its been a fun week and Hmo Valladares did a Time line run through of the book of mormom which was AWESOME because there was a lot of stuff I didnt know, like how everyone was related and who was writing what... it was really awesome.
Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow! I love you all!

Hermana Bradfield

No comments: