HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLA!!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT?!?
We have our flight plans! We got them last friday and I am leaving.... drum roll please........................... May 6th! Yes and Elder Bench is our Travel Leader. He is in charge of the 16 of us total going to Sacramento next Tuesday. Wow, its actually next Tuesday! That's so crazy! I am so excited. Ok so anyway, my flight leaves Salt Lake at 11:25 and I'm flying with Delta! And guess what! I get to call home! I'm so excited to talk to you all. I'll be able to tell you a lot more over the phone! But since I get to call, I will not be writing an actual letter next week! Just a heads up!
Guess what! Of course the day BEFORE we fly, the airlines decided to change the rules to only checking 1 bag so I am going to have to pay for my second bag no matter what. We are flying with Delta so I'm not sure how much it could come to but oh well, I'm going to definitely send some stuff to Kate. Speaking of which, Katelyn, We are going to give our stuff to our Branch Presidents wife, Sister Price, and she said she'd get it to you instead. I trust her more than I trust the mail services, even though I'm sure they are quite excellent. so just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna go with her! That will be awesome for you to meet her! She's so cool! I love her to pieces!
So this last week was great. Tuesday night Elder Gerald Lund (I think he is the author of the Work and the Glory series) came and spoke with us! Dad, you would have LOVED it. He told us right from the beginning that it was a talk for us, to solidify our testimonies of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It was awesome. He is really into history and stuff so he had a TON of facts about why the Book of Mormon is true and why Joseph Smith couldn't have made it up. I'm going to try and copy my notes to mail home because you would have loved it. But then again you probably already know most if not all of it anyway.
As I was listening to his talk, I was thinking about all these facts and how it was really fun for me to hear them because I already had a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. But I also thought about those people who are looking for proof as to why these things are true. And when I thought about it, I realized that if someone needed all these facts to know that the Book of Mormon was true and Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God, then they aren't ready for the Book of Mormon and the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is power in discovering that truth of these things for yourself through prayer and study. I am so grateful that I had that special witness from the holy ghost testify to my heart and mind that these things are true.
Yesterday was an awesome day as well, but most Sundays are. We started out the day with breakfast as usual and headed up to class to study and write our weekly letters to President Price. At 9:30 we headed down to Music in the Spoken Word in the gym and then immediately following that is Relief Society. Being a Sister at the MTC is AWESOME. Unlike the Elders who meet as Zones or in smaller groups like that, WE get to meet as one big group and we usually have a General Authority come and speak to us! Yesterday (and our last Sunday with Relief Society since next week is fast sunday and we have a Mission Conference again), Sister Elaine S Dalton, the new YW Gen. President, came and spoke to us and it was a really good talk. She mainly talked about the Holy Ghost but also about our missions and life in general. One thing that she said that I really liked was when she was talking about running with her husband. She said she usually can beat her husband on the Hills but this particular day she didn't realize how big the hill was and started to slow half way up as he pushed past her. Since she didn't want to lose she said she was going to turn around and go back to the car but he came back and told her they would get up the hill together and when she got to the top, she said it was one of the most beautiful views she had ever seen. She then proceeded to tell us that we were going to run into tough times but she said "Don't Look Back!" Don't turn around half way up that hill and go back. It is during those uphill climbs that we grow! I absolutely loved her talk and we all waited to shake her hand and chat with her after RS. She is probably one of the nicest ladies I have ever met but I think sums up most of the Women in GA positions and those women here who's husbands serve in the MTC branch presidencies. It's pretty cool.
On top of Sister Dalton, Sister Dibbs, Pres. Monson's daughter came with her and spoke for 5-10 mins. She had never been to the MTC and wanted to come with Sister Dalton. She talks just like her dad, it was great. And it was interesting to here about her experience with her dad extending the her call to be 2nd Counselor in the YW Gen Presidency!
Anyway, my time is up so I'm gonna sign off. Love you and I'll talk to you next Monday... AND TUESDAY!
Love you all,
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment