Monday, March 10, 2008

Entering the Missionary Training Center

On Wednesday, March 5th, we took Kelly to the Missionary Training Center (MTC). She was supposed to be there by 11:30. We got there a little early, so we could take some pictures.


When we went in to the building, Kelly had to go into the special missionary entrance, so she could check in and receive her name badge, and her dining card. Kelly's name badge, along with all the other new missionaries, had a special "Celestial" orange dot on it, meaning she would get special treatment because she was a new missionary.

After she got all her things, we were able to meet back up and talk for a little longer. My mom got to pin Kelly's badge on her. It was a sweet moment.


Kelly's Dining Card

With her name badge, Kelly really looked official. She makes a pretty cute Sister Missionary. Oops, actually it's Hermana Missionary. :-)

After we finished taking pictures in the lobby we headed down to the orientation room. As we walked through the halls, I felt a rush of different feelings. I felt sad at the prospect of saying goodbye to Kelly so soon, and I felt excitement and happiness for her. Jason said as he and Kelly were walking down the hall he said to her, "You are probably feeling nervous, excited and anxious all at once," and Kelly agreed whole heartedly. In the orientation we started by singing the hymn, "Called to Serve". We sang it faster than I have ever heard it before. I could barely keep up. A couple of the administrative people at the MTC spoke, and they assured the parents their missionaries would be looked after and be well taken care of. They talked about the good the missionaries would be doing as they served. There was such a good feeling there. I admire Kelly so much for being willing to serve the Lord and do his work for a year and a half. I know she will be blessed for it. She was so calm the whole time we were at the MTC with her. Even when we had to say goodbye, she was so strong. I could tell she was sad to leave us, but I could tell she was very excited for everything to come. She had a special sparkle in her eyes.

No comments: