Monday, March 17, 2008

An E-mail from Kelly

Wow,

You all really redeemed yourselves this last week. I went from being the only sister not to hear from her family at all to being the sister who hears from her family more than anyone else! Awesome Job family! Keep up the good work please! It lifts my spirits every time I hear from you!


Anyway, thank you all SOOOOOOOO much for the letters and dearelder.com's because I have loved reading about home life. I look forward to getting the real letters from everyone as well. I actually got one this morning from Jeri and was very pleased! Uh Oh! I'm starting to sound like one of those missionaries who depends on letters. I'm honestly getting better but that first week was really rough, not gonna lie!


Anyway, you have all asked me what my first couple weeks have been like, bombarding me with questions about the food and such. I will give you as much as i can in the little time that I have and hope that it satisfies you until I get that survey you were talking about writing! So, many of you have been asking if they feed me well here. Let me put your mind at ease, they feed us tremendously well. My companions (and myself included at times) have a tendency to eat a little too well! But let me tell you, I now understand what Elder Flanders meant when he warned me about the food! The food gives you REALLY BAD GAS!!! I can just see Katelyn cracking up right about now! But I kid you not!

I get up every morning between 6-6 30. It was really hard to get adjusted to the schedule but these past couple days I have been noticing that if I sleep past 6 20 I start feeling like I'm sleeping in or slept in late! Its crazy. My schedule varies day to day but usually we go to our district classroom at 7 in the morning mon-sat and have an hour and fifteen mins. of language study before breakfast. The language is going really well but the last couple days of last week I felt a little overwhelmed, like i had hit a road block. But no fears, I just need to work harder and focus more. After breakfast is usually class with one of our teachers Hermano Allgood and Hermano Darquea (who is actually from Ecuador). Then we have personal study and lunch. After lunch we usually have gym and then more class and companion study. At night, we either have more class or MDT time which stands for missionary directed time where we can study whatever we want or work with our companions. As I said, this varies day to day but that's the general way of things.

Every Tuesday night, we have Devotional which is usually a general authority. Last week it was someone in the MTC presidency. Sunday nights we have another Devotional and you will never guess who came to speak and whose hand I got to shake. SHERI L DEW! It was so cool to hear her speak again and she gave an amazing talk on influence! I can't go into detail but she basically said that we as individuals can have a great influence on the world but we have to let the Holy Ghost influence us! It was awesome. When I shook her hand I told her I got to hear her speak in Boulder and she shifted her grip to an "arm wrestle" kind of grip and said "It's been a while hasn't it" with a big smile! It was really cool and made me feel good!

Anyway, time is short and I need to give you my favorite scripture for my plaque. Alma 26:12: Its the one where Ammon says that he does not boast of himself but of God because he is nothing without God!

Here is some of my spanish (minus accents)
Yo se que Jesucristo es mi salvador y redentor Yo se que la iglesia de jesucristo es verdadera En el nombre de Jesucristo Amen!

Love you all
Hermana Bradfield!

No comments: