**Kelly returns home from her mission on Wednesday, October 21. She will be speaking in church on Sunday, October 25 @ 9:00 A.M. in the Red Leaf Ward @ the Westminster Stake Center in Broomfield, CO. Everyone is invited to join us as we welcome her home and listen to her talk.**
Yes, the time is flying and I can't figure out where it's gone to. It's crazy! If you had told me that my mission would have flown by this fast, I wouldn't have believed it. This last week and a half is going to be the best. It started last Saturday with a Mega Blitz we did, with the Assistants to the President and the Sacramento and Elk Grove Zones combined. About 40 some missionaries joined forces together and went to work in one set of missionarie's area. It was so cool. They set the goal for 50 returns, and everyone invited to be baptized. I was sent on exchanges with Sister Abakite and we had a great time. We talked to at least 30 some people in a couple of hours and invited all of them to be baptized. The funny thing is that most of them say "yes" to the conditional, "If you came to know this is true, would you follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority?" But many of them are not ready at that time to listen to our message. It's ok though, we are just out there planting the seeds!
While on the Mega Blitz, we saw a guy riding his bike down the street, heading our way, so we walked across the street, stood in front of his path and waved him down. When he got to us, he stopped and that led to the best contact of the day. His name was Ken Jaggers and he puts together computers and gives them away to kids that need them (for internet access and word processor for school.) He was so cool. He also is an in-home care giver and takes care of an older woman. We asked him more about himself and had a nice conversation with him about the gospel of Jesus Christ, our missions and what we do as missionaries, the process of going on a mission, etc.; and then we asked him if he would like to attend church with us on Sunday and invited him to be baptized. He said "Yeah, I would definitely be interested in checking that out." So we set him up for church the next day and told him his ride would come pick him up around 10:30. The elders in his area were thrilled and I was thrilled for them. I hope they got him set up and to church yesterday. I'll have to call and ask the Assistants or President Jardine to check up on that for me, or ask President at interviews. It was awesome. Our Mega Blitz ended up with 56 returns! It was awesome.
Things are going really well as far as the work. We had a baptism on Saturday. We've been working with an excommunicated member who has wanted to be baptized for quite some time now, and we got the OK from Bishop to start working with her and preparing her for baptism. It was such a sweet and neat experience to be a part of her "conversion" experience and helping her make that step of membership once again in the Kingdom of God here on earth. She is an amazing woman and I'm sure it was a wonderful moment for her and her family.
Bishop asked me to bear my testimony yesterday, since it was Fast and Testimony Meeting and next week is the Primary program. I didn't know what to say and was a little nervous, but when I got up there, I said a silent prayer and the Lord gave me the words to say. I just want you all to know that I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to pave the way for us that we may return and live with him again. He offered himself a ransom for us, he bled and died for us so that we could be cleansed of our sins and return back to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. I know our Savior and Redeemer lives. He is the head of this church and is leading and guiding us in this great work of building up His kingdom and preparing us for his coming. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His true church, restored to the earth once again by the Prophet Joseph Smith. Through the guidance, direction and the power of God, he restored that same church and we have evidence of that restoration today, which is the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. With the Bible and the Book of Mormon together, we have the fulness of the Gospel, or teachings, of Jesus Christ on the earth once again. A big part of why I am here is because of the Book of Mormon. I'm so grateful to our Heavenly Father for the love and mercy that he shows each and everyone of us. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, and that as we follow his guidance and direction, we may know the way to happiness here on this earth and the way to reach salvation and exaltation in the life to come with our families forever.
I love you all! I can't say that enough. Thank you so much for the examples and love. I wouldn't be who I am today without it! I wish you all a wonderful week until next Monday!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment