Yep that's right... President Jardine found out last week that the 2 Spanish sisters scheduled for November got bumped up to this transfer, and I'll be training again in a threesome with Sister Wyatt as well! I'm going to be a "mom" again! Crazy... It's always so cool to see the Lord work His miracles, especially in missionary work!
So Sister Wyatt and I are staying and we are going to be training a native speaker. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for these last couple transfers and the opportunity I've had to serve Him with these amazing new sisters. It's been a great blessing and now he is answering one more prayer, one I didn't think would happen, and that's to have a native Spanish-speaking companion! I am so excited and I hope that my Spanish-speaking abilities and accent will improve drastically this last transfer.
[WOOHOO! We almost got the boot out of the office for a meeting, but they told us we could stay if we could handle being locked in for 15 minutes... I think we can handle it ;)]
MOM- Would it be possible for you to send me the BiNGo Conference game so I can use it with some of our investigators and recent converts? Thank you so much for sending me my card and the crunchies. Sister Wyatt and I have pretty much devoured them all.
We got a nice phone call from Elder Cisternas last night, our district leader (I've served with him all but 4 transfers of my mission, including serving near him at the MTC!), who was laughing his head off until he finally said in an Argentinian-English accent, "Hahahahaha! I get to see you die!!!" It was funny and I can't seem to escape the truth that time is winding down. Tomorrow after we go and pick up the new sister, I'm staying with the other missionaries, that are going home on Thursday, to go to the temple and dinner with them. So Sister Wyatt will be training by herself the first day, and I'm going to be hanging out with all the "trunky" missionaries... I'm really excited about going to the temple!
Today we will be destroying SID (the purple/pink unicorn pinata that has been the theme for this transfer in our zone.) We've worked hard to get the "star power" to defeat S(atan)I(n)D(isguise) and now the moment has come. We were all told to bring the ball of our choice to defeat SID, so Sister Wyatt and I decided to use our "SID whacker" and a couple of golf balls. Oh yeah, it's going to be good!
This morning I was reading a really good talk by M. Russell Ballard from March 3, 2002 about how we can put on the armor of God and protect ourselves. I would recommend that you all look it up and read it (from a CES fireside). That scripture in Ephesians is probably my favorite scripture. I love thinking about the armor of God and the way it illustrates the battle in which we are fighting today, not a battle against flesh, but against principalities and powers of darkness. As we arm ourself with the armor of God, with the little acts of righteousness we do everyday, we will increase our own defenses and strenghten our armor every day! It was such a good talk! READ IT!
I can't wait for this Sunday. President Winkle, the temple president of the Sacramento Temple, is going to be speaking to us about the promised blessings and importance of the Book of Mormon, specifically for the Latin American people. It's going to be so cool. I have grown to love these people and I have loved getting to know them and serve them, and be a part of their families. They are truly amazing people!
I don't remember if I told you, but Angie Walker (aka to you Sister Walker from Savory Ponds Ward) has come out with me on exchanges a few times now and it's been so fun. She's doing really well and she told me to tell you "Hi!" for her.
Some C.A.M.E.'s for the week:
1- The elders had a baptism this week of a women who has been investigating the church for a long time. The elder was very nervous as he performed the baptism and the sister forgot what she was supposed to do as she was immersed in the water; so the elder had a hard time lifting her up out of the water. Poor guy, but it does happen sometimes, especially when nervous.
2- I had a less active ask me if I was going to give her my Bible when I went home... It caught me off guard because I had never said anything about giving my Bible away and I felt bad telling her that I was planning on using it after the mission... The good news is the Church finally finalized copy right stuff and released the Church's edition of the King James version of the Bible in Spanish with all the correct translations and foot notes/cross references; so everyone is excited about that!
Well, that's all I have to say for now! I love you all and I wish you a wonderful week!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment