Monday, January 5, 2009

WOW! It's been a while!

WHAT A WEEK we are going to have this week! We had to drop Carla and Rafael last week because they weren't progressing and immediately after that, Saul and Maria decided they were ready to be baptized! Them, their son, Antonia (Maria Patino who just got baptized before Christmas), and Leticia and Jose Martinez (Two kids from a part member family who just got back from Mexico 5 months ago! They are 9 and 10) are all getting baptized this Sunday and Saul and Maria are getting married on Saturday! This is going to be a BUSY week!

I can't believe that we are being so blessed to be working with these amazing people and their families! It's very humbling. It's not going to be easy though! Saul and Maria need to get their marriage license but he doesn't have valid photo id so he may have to go to the Consulate in Sac to receive a Matricula which is an identification card for Mexican Citizens so that they can get there license but they couldn't get an appointment for 15 days so we need to look for another way to get some form of valid photo identification! But we have faith that if God wants them to get married and baptized this week, it'll all work out! They really are an amazing family!

Last week an Elder here in Stockton was hit by a car on his bike. He broke his Clavicle and was scraped up good but that was the extent of his injuries. I felt bad for him especially since this was his first transfer in the mission but he was a sport about it and came to hang out with the Zone last week, even though he could barely walk, before getting transferred up to sac with another missionary who can't proselyte right now! I felt really bad for the Elder but even worse for his companion. His trainer Elder Rich, has only been out for 6-7 months when president assigned him to be a trainer and then his trainee got hit. He was seriously traumatized for a while. We felt so bad for him but I think that they are both doing a lot better now, which is a good thing!

We've been reading the Book of Mormon as a zone this transfer, trying to finish it by the end (I'm no where close this time) and I was reading in Mosiah 23 and 24 the other day about Alma and the people who fled with him to Helam (I think) from the evil priests of King Noah and how even thought they were a righteous people, God still allowed them to fall into bondage once again but because they were so righteous and stood firm in their faith and love of God and with good cheer and patience bore their afflictions, God delivered them out of bondage once again. The way they were delivered was even better. All God did was put the Lamanite guards under a deep sleep so all they had to do was walk out! The Lord truly delivers His people who are faithful! I hope you will all take a minute to read that story, its a good one!

Well I have to go but I hope all of you have a great week! I love you all and when you next hear from me, I'll know who my new companion is and if I'll be staying or going! Love you all! Until next TUESDAY!

Hermana Bradfield

No comments: