
Arturo's Baptism - Hermana Dastrup, Arturo, Hermana Bradfield
Yes indeed! Arturo was finally baptized but he was is so firm in his testimony by now that he didn't have any concerns pop up before hand. The only thing he was worried about was all his friends laughing and making fun of something so special to him because Rafael baptized him. So, instead of Rafael baptizing him, the bishop did it and Arturo was very happy about it! To top all it off, Arturo's German wife who doesn't speak spanish, came to his baptism and to church the next day for his confirmation and receiving the priesthood. I'm pretty sure Arturo's on cloud 9 right now and even better his wife has a lot of questions for us and she's let us teach her the Restoration and we are hoping to teach her the plan of salvation. If she starts going to church with Arturo when she's down here, they'll start going to the english ward and the elders will start teaching her! They are so cool and I have no doubt that in the future, his wife will see the changes in Arturo and follow his example! She has a lot of questions!
Rafael is doing great. He was a little bummed about Arturo but he understood. He's a ward missionary right now but I think thats just a temporary calling to help prepare him for something bigger!!! Oooo... what could it be???
Transfers are next week. So this means that P-day is onTuesday next week which means that we get to go to the temple again! It has been so... long since we've been, I'm going through withdrawals! It's almost cruel to cut the missionaries off when there is a temple so close! But I understand why we can't go all the time too.
I didnt know they were changing addresses. I guess that they are going to tell us next Zone Conference. Sister Dastrup and I think one of us will be getting transfered this time. I don't know if I'm ready to leave Stockton but Sister Dastrup said that she feels at peace now with Arturo getting baptized, like her work here is finished! Maybe it's a sign ;) All I know is that I love all the people here in Stockton and I love working with all of the investigators we have and the members! They are an awesome group!
Well I need to close this so Sister Dastrup can check her email! I love you all and I hope everyone is doing well. Tell Dad and Little Daddio I said Hi and I hope they don't get Skunked this year!
Love Always-
Hermana Bradfield
Buenas Dias Noticias - Hola! Buenas Dias familia y amigos. What an awesome week we've had this last week. Our investigators are all doing really well, Arturo was baptized, and our friend, Antonio, wants to be baptized next. The work is progressin here in Stockton, CA. Arturo's baptism was awesome! None of his friends from work came to support him because they don't like the church; but he didn't care too much because his wife came! That's what mattered to him the most. The whole time, leading up to his baptism, his friends and family were all trying to tell him he was wrong; but he told us that he told them, "No! I know it's true. I prayed to find the truth and God sent me the missionaries and I found it on my own!" He prayed and received so many different answers. I've never seen anyone receive answers like Arturo. He's so cool and we are so excited for him.
Antonio is our newest investigator with a baptism date. The missionaries taught him about a year ago, but had to stop because he wouldn't come to church. About a year ago, he fell about 15 feet off of a platform and shattered tons of bones in his shoulders and whatnot, and it's a miracle he's still here. He is way cool and has been reading the Book of Mormon since the Elders came over about a year ago. He came to church yesterday and loved it, and wants to be baptized!
We are going to play frisbee today with the zone. Sister Dastrup is so excited; she loves frisbee! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Para Siempre,
Hermana Bradfield
No comments:
Post a Comment