Monday, September 29, 2008

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLA!

Hola Todos!
Les quiero mucho! This last week was a great week! RAFAEL is the most awesome Recent convert EVER! He's been out to help us with a couple appointments this week AND... we were teaching Arturo last week about reading and praying everyday and guess who busted out a way good scripture in 2 Nep 33 about prayer??? Yep, Rafael! Haha, he LOVES the gospel and he's so eager to learn more and more and to help with the work! Saturday we stopped by his house to tell him we tried to track into his sisters house but she wasn't home so he calls her up and asks her when she's going to be home because HE wants to go visit her! Haha, he's so funny! His mom is going to take some work though! I think she likes us and she's supportive of Rafael but she doesn't want to learn herself. Maybe in the future she'll be ready!

Arturo is doing great! And his wife's coming around as well! He tried to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon when we first got here 3 months ago but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. But now, we've taught her lesson one and last weekend apparently she told Arturo that we are "adorable" and she was asking him "where is my book?" and took it with her this week! We are so excited and I know Arturo is just ecstatic about it! He has changed so much since the time we had to drop him. Every time we see him he is just glowing with happiness. He has the light of Christ with him and it just keeps growing brighter and brighter. The other day he told us that his wine bottle in his fridge was so tempting so he gave it to us to dispose of... It went straight to the dumpster! He is so awesome and he is going to be an awesome member!

Pedro... Here's another quick story... Pedro could possibly already be a member. EVERYONE remembered him at church the other day and he said that he was baptized but he can't remember if it was with our church! We are waiting to hear back from Salt Lake on that but if he is or even if he isn't, all three, Rafael, Arturo and Pedro are all going to be awesome members!
So everything is going really well out here, as you can see. Mom and Dad- I was wondering if you could use the online family history thing the church has now and reserve Gma's temple work! Even though people should ask for permission it doesn't always happen and I found out you can reserve their temple work; so if you could do that, just to be sure??? Thanks!

Well, Love you! I'm outta time
Hermana Bradfield!


Buenas Dias Noticias - Hola Familia y Amigos Mios! I hope all is well wherever you may be. Things are always wonderful here in Stockton, doing the Lord's work. Last week was zone conference and I'm really excited for the opportunity to work/serve under President Jardine. He really is inspired by the Spirit.

This last zone conference, we talked a lot about contacting and how we can improve on the way we contact and resolve more concerns with gospel principles. The next day, our zone leaders scheduled a 10-minute meeting to tell us that we are getting rid of the C70 (contact 70, where we try to contact 70 people a day) and now working towards R40, or Return 40 - trying to get 40 return appointments a week. Our zone is trying it out for a transfer and I'm really excited. Already, Hermana Dastrup and I have seen a difference in the way we contact people. I really like R40 because I feel like I can give 100% attention to the persons we are talking to instead of 95% on them and 5% on worrying about not reaching our goal. This is going to be an awesome transfer!

This transfer I set a goal to read and finish the Book of Mormon again. I had already started, but these last couple of weeks I've really stepped it up and I've learned a lot! I'm in Alma right now. Last week I was reading about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and about their conversion story, and their faith and diligence in keeping the Lord's commandments, and their covenants. They entered into a covenant with God that they would never kill or take up their arms again against their brethren nor their enemies. When the Lamanites came upon them, killing them, all they did was kneel down and give praise to God for his love and mercy and his plan of happiness. In the end, more Lamanites were brought to the truth and knowledge of their God because of their example and their obedience and diligence to God and his commandments. I love reading the Book of Mormon!

Another theme I have been noticing (the Book of Mormon has many themes!!!) is the theme of obedience. The prophets are constantly teaching about obedience. As we obey, we are blessed, as we disobey, the Lord can't bless us. As Hermana Dastrup and I have been obedient with exactness, I see a big difference in the work than on the days we maybe missed one or two little things. Obedience is so important, and we will always receive blessings for it.

I love the Lord and I love this work. There is no other place i would rather be at this time!

Love you always,
Hermana Bradfield

No comments: