Monday, November 19, 2007

15 More Days

Hey All!

So I realized I posted my last blog and never sent out a notification to anyone that I even started a blog. I know, I'm a genious. LOL Well a few things have happened since so let's get on with it!



First of all, the Taylor Swift concert was great, Kirstin and I had a great time. Taylor wasn't the greatest singer live but she was really fun and entertaining to watch. Kirstin also enjoyed looking at the lead guitar player. She thought he was pretty hot! In my personal opinion, he was ok but I didn't really pay attention. Anyway, it was a ton of fun and we got to hear a couple of new songs, "Permanent Marker" and "Fearless" that are going to be on her next cd which is supposedly coming out next year. They were really fun/great songs, as are all her songs, but unfortunately for me, I'll have to wait a couple years for that one! But thats ok! Anyway, operation Taylor Swift and Veronica Mars was a success and Kirstin and I had a blast. We didn't do much besides go to the concert, eat, sleep and watch VM... We really know how to party!


As for geography, I ACED my midterm ("Thank you very much") and my group got 1st place for our country booth for the Tuesday group (there was also a Wednesday group). Stephen would tell you that I sold my soul for half the votes we got but thats not true! All I did was tell people to vote for us and if they were a little skeptical at first I would volunteer our group to dance a haka for the vote. lol The Ka Mate went really well, everyone looked at me like I was crazy and going to kill them any minute. It was really funny because there was one guy talking with his friends at the next booth over and he was writing down votes so I told him that he should vote fore New Zealand (our booth) as one of his 3 and he wasn't really buying it so I finally got him to agree to put our name down, even though he said it was going to be on the 3rd spot (hey I'll take what I can get if it means Extra Credit), if we did our dance. When we were done, his reaction was hilarious. He was looking at us with wide eyes and said "WOW, that DEFINITELY deserves a spot on here!" It was the funniest thing. It was even funnier when we saw him again and again when we would do the Ka Mate again. It was a lot of fun!




Stephen got his mission call in the mail last Thursday.My dad and I had the opportunity to be there when he opened it. It was really cool. We all passed his call around unopened and guessed where we thought he was going. I guessed Montana and I was the closest! He's going to the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission, which is exactly what he wanted. Somewhere cold and it even includes part of Ontario Canada. It took less than two weeks from the time he submitted his papers which means that I could have my call in less than a month if that's the case with mine! And even better news than that is that I miscounted and I can actually turn my papers in on the 4th of December instead of the 6th. That just made my Sunday all that much more enjoyable when I found that out. Now I only have 15 more days to go until they are completely submitted, but who's counting? Ah, I can't wait! I'm so excited!



Yesterday was my last Sunday in primary. I was officially released as the Primary pianist in Sacrament meeting. My good friend Larry has been called to take but place. He's already told me that he's excited to be in there and that its going to be the best calling ever. Larry, if you are reading this, all I have to say is AMEN! For everyone else, have no fear, the bishopric only let me rest for one min, the minute between releasing me from my calling as Primary Pianist and the calling me to serve as Relief Society Pianist! LOL Oh well, I'm ready to serve where the I am needed.

Until next time!





No comments: